Monday, May 18, 2009

Loss, Love, and Corny Poems

The sensation
of loss
is beyond
the realm
of adjectives.
Words thrown at
an idea
only bounce
and fall heavily
back
down.
Forced to feel it,
is more accurate
because loss
pushes itself
on its host
and never
lets
go.
Violation
might be a
synonym
or maybe
Trauma
means
loss.
Losing her
then her
then him
then her.
That's the last time,
maybe,a woman
will seem important.
But there's a reason
for this vivified
lifestyle.
She's an enlightening
lumine, a candle
in a moonlit room,
to keep the darkness-addled
from stumbling
on the threshold
of happiness.
But ignorance
is a warm
blanket, that one
can throw over his
head, and let
the world
pass above.
Some will never leave
their warm,
comforting, and
woolen
ignorance.
They choose instead
the easy route, a
path of denial,
sadness,
and torpor.
And all along
I sail the seas
of Samsara
searching,
with my torch held high
for enlightenment.
I
am my own vessel of enlightenment
I
am my own blanket of ignorance
but She,
You are
my lighthouse,
my four winds in a bag
and my map of Ithaca.
My Penelope,
I'll sail the Aegean as far as Thule
for millenia!
If only you'll resist the suitors
and wait for me,
just wait.
Once home, I shall make
of you a Queen for all
the world to envy, My Penelope
with Her Odysseus,
proudly striding above
the beautiful, white columns
of Our Ithaca! Can you see it?
I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment