Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And No One will Miss Him



With money
being pulled out of
the pockets
of the poor
and the lonely
being rejected
once again,
I have thus decided
to ignore it all.
What care I of
callous women
and civil suits?
What does it matter
now that I have
nothing
left to take away?
With breasted
beasts bearing down
on fragile psyches
and
pillared institutions
inciting depravity
and depression
within once fortified
men,
I have thus decided
to break the bonds
of servitude to mankind
and to my own
self-doubt.
There, in Elysian
swamps I will drink
the pool-water nectar
and slay dragons for
boot-leather.
There, above the
branches of the
Southern Yggsdrasil
I will lose at Ragnarok
and fight forever
within the
cigarette smoke-stained
Halls of Valhalla.
The floors will
be sticky
with beer and
the Valkyries
will sing my
favorite old-time tunes
and all the while
reality will float on
by, like a barge
of garbage
in the Ohio.
With one more
whore
adding insult to
incapacitation, and
with one more
reason the Peace Corps
won't even take me,
I have thus decided to
construct wings of wax
and cross the Aegean.

My prison at Knossos
is far too unpleasant
to make a life there.

No comments:

Post a Comment