Monday, February 21, 2011

My Apocalypse

It was
an apocalypse

There was an end
to something
great

then there was
a revealing, an
opening of
a new book

But there
was nostalgia
for the
way it was

before

and there were
saved passwords left
and
bits of clothing
or
remnants of a
scent.

It was
like peak oil,

we consumed
until
there was
nothing

and we
fell away into
a pre-industrial
solitude
where we came from
a long, long, long
time ago.

And it
is only fitting

That I
have nightmares of
World War III
and

our Ivory Computer Tower
in flames.

It is only fitting
that I
fill my head with
fission-fiction, with
nuclear viral holocausts
and
roving
street gangs.

Because now, here,

in the aftermath, I feel
I have only been
preparing
for
this loss
and
this nostalgia.

I miss
the way
it was


before

No comments:

Post a Comment