Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Poem About Autumn (Part 1)

The Sun burns hot in
the day only to realize
that the cold flourescent
Moon is
doin' it's job as
The World's Cooler

Canned Cranberry
and pre-packaged pork
people also pre-packaged in
gortex and leather.

Hey look! I can see my breath!
I can see my fingers
redden and feel my nose
doin' it too.

Your lungs'll hurt when
you try an' run, that's a
bullet you feel,
shot down by Fightin' Fall,
makin' fodder
for unforgiving
Old Man Winter.

That Brown phlegm,
brown falling leaves,
from smoking too many
cigarettes.
There ain't enough nicotine
in the Carolinas
to bite back at
construction weather
clouds and wind.

That brown on my teeth,
brown falling leaves,
from all that coffee,
every morning, just to sweat
for a few minutes
and stop shivering.

Nasty rain
That never seems to stop
and then
I understand
why grunge-music
came outta Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment