Friday, March 21, 2014

Sunday School Number #1


SO I got
this
real thick
neck.

I can't wear ties
as the
top button doesn't button.

My driver's license picture
looks like a
thumb
with
hair.

And
I'll
sit here
in front
of you people
and I'll breathe
heavy
through
my
thick neck and
shirts
that don't fit right.

SO here I am, before you
neck exposed
see it's girth
and laugh shamefully
at my misfortune.

In this
thick-ass neck
is your
moles in the mirror
and the pimples
that hurt in your sleep.

Here on a man
who can't
wear ties
or find
shirts that fit
is every fat-joke we've ever
made and
every time
we superfluously
thanked a deity
that we
"don't look like that"

SO here, look,
you can't
see my tendons well
or any veins,
and my adam's
apple is dwarfed by a double
chin.

SO when
we cough
loogies
and disdain
a bad
tattoo
Samsara
spins
our traffic jams
in hair knots
just as the track of
a wheel
follows
an oxcart.



No comments:

Post a Comment